The Sustainable Farming Association of Minnesota supports the development and enhancement of sustainable farming systems through farmer-to-farmer networking, innovation, demonstration, and education
- Promote sustainable farming systems through innovation and demonstration of profitable and environmentally sound farming methods that benefit rural families and communities.
- Enhance and expand our information network among SFA members, SFA Chapters, and the public through on-farm learning experiences, online communications, seminars, research projects, and the media.
- Mentor and encourage farmers, especially the next farming generation.
- Research, market, and promote sustainable agriculture practices and products by working with governmental and non-profit agencies, colleges and universities, faith communities and other organizations.
- Increase farmer participation and profitability in developing and expanding community-based food systems.
- Inform and educate consumers about healthy food and farming practices that yield a diverse array of sustainably produced food, fiber and energy.